Before choosing a company to install your windows, conservatory or solar project there are things you should consider, here are 10:
- Check trading history on Companies House Webcheck. This will determine if they are financially stable and how long they have been established.
- Ask if they are VAT registered, this can confirm they trade honestly.
- Ask to see their VAT number.
- Ask for references to check their work use sites like CheckaTrade etc.
- Ask what their after sales is like, do they call promptly to service calls, are they local enough to do what they say, etc.
- Get 3 quotes and don't buy on the day unless you have thoroughly checked who you are buying from.
- Check if the product you are buying complies with building regulations. i.e. windows are "C" rated or above.
- Check they have the necessary trade associations like Fensa and MCS.
- Who are you dealing with, are they a sales person or company owner etc. Sales men are targeted and look to get the best possible price for the company they work for.
- If they have a 5o% sale on then is that genuine, I'm not sure a reputable company could offer this level of discount or someone has been paying hugely inflated prices at some point.
Companies House WebCheck:
Fensa Find a window fitter:
MCS (Micro-generation Certification Scheme) Find an installer:
Elmhurst Energy DEA and GDA Scheme
Mark Greenfield L3 Dip DEA l3 Dip GDA